Saturday, May 2, 2009

DOH

Dispatch received a call from an ambulance in our jursidiction. They asked us to contact a tow truck to assist them in getting their ambulance out of the mud. The ambulance happened to be in another city. We created a detail to attach the wrecker to, and in the meantime an officer of that particular city saw the information on his mobile terminal. Stated he would respond if they needed assistance. I told the officer that we just needed the detail to attach the wrecker to, and I would be cancelling it out. The officer says "10-4," and then keys his mic up again and says, "hasn't anyone told them that ambulances aren't 4 wheel drive"??? After I composed myself again, I keyed up and said "I don't believe they have been told, but I will relay the message." Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment