Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Trapped Cat"


"Trapped Cat" aka suicidal 50 yof. We received a 911 call from the husband of this individual. He gave the usual shpeel and we asked the usual questions. The officer arrived in the area to which we asked if he was code 4. His response was a quick key-up of his mic to which we heard a cut-off high-pitched-screech in the background. Another officer quickly checked 10-23 and another unit was asked his ETA. The first officer on scene told us he was code 4 and it was code 4 for medical to respond in (or at least that's what we though he said but couldn't really hear it over the female yelling, "I'm in hannnnnndcuuuuufffffs!"), so we verified with the officer that it was ok for the ambulance crew to respond in. And it was. Here's what happened:


Officer:
Sorry about that last call, crazy lady jumped out a window and wanted to run
Dispatcher:
We did hear her self-proclaimed "I'm in handcuffs!" over the air
Officer:
never seen a 50 year old in [her undees] jump out a window to run
Dispatcher:
me neither
Officer:
when she went to open the window i was like, she isnt going to run is she...........oh she is lol
Dispatcher:
ah, to be a fly on the wall
Dispatcher:
Ok, so I need a play by play... SOOO, you pull up and....
Officer:
We will have to show you the video
Officer:
Went inside she was in the bedroom. I introduced myself and asked if we could talk. She looked like a trapped cat and started to open the window. At which she proceeded to jump. I jumped out behind her and she was screaming "Dont touch me!" So I did and grabbed her by the arm, she dug into my other arm so she went to the ground and handcuffs were put on.
Dispatcher:
k, I'm showing you 10-6 and 10-17 to here with the video, ha ha


2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOVE the picture! Totally completes the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desperate situations apparently call for desperate measures

    ReplyDelete