Sunday, May 17, 2009

STOP SIGN SNAFOO


There I was. Next thing I know, we get a call from a 10-96 female who can't tell us where she is and is just saying she needs some "f---ing help, I'm sitting on the f---ing curb and I'm waiting for an f---ing cop" but there was one little problem - we didn't know where she was. She had originally given us an address and an officer was in the area checking for her but couldn't find her because she wasn't giving the right address. I told her since she was sitting on the corner, to look up at the street signs and read to me the nukbers she she saw (so we could verify her location and get an officer there STAT!). After a short pause she said, "STOP. It says STOP." She started to cry telling me about how her husband wasn't answering her calls and wasn't returning her messages. Since she was a little whacked out, I asked her if she had taken any meds today. She said everything that she intakes turns into chemicals so she wouldn't be able to list off all the chemicals in her body since she had eaten 1 1/2 meals this morning. Then I asked her if she had done any drugs today. She said she didn't so I asked he again in a different way because I most almost 100% sure that she had. "Did you shoot up with anything today, do you do heroin, cocaine, meth....?" She said she had some Camel cigarettes this morning and they said "Turkish Blend" on the front. One of the girls sitting in the room said "100's or lights?", to which I willingly asked my new friend (since she definitely wouldn't catch on anyways). She got confused, changed the subject and then... my 2nd new friend (the responding officer) showed up. I asked her to hand the phone to him to make sure he was really there. He was. And the rest is history. Until she calls in next week.

1 comment: